Incendio

Incendio is a literate-advanced semi-realistic wolf role-play site, where mystery surrounds the wolves and even greater mystery surround the lands. Come and enter the mystery, join the family, and add your own chapter to our story!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wolf of the Month

The Packs

Available Positions:
Beta Female
Warriors
Hunters
Healer

Available Positions:
Beta Female
Warriors
Hunters
Forum Stats
It is summer here in Incendio. The sun is bright, the days hot, and dew gathers on the grass in the morning all over.
Mating Yes No
Birthing Yes No
The prey is plentiful this summer!
Word Counter

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit

Hiding from the pack (Jenn)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Buck
Admin
Buck

Award : [table cellspacing=0 style="width:150px; font-size: .6em; border-spacing: 5px; border-collapse:collapse;"][tr][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]Hiding from the pack (Jenn) Joinf[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]Hiding from the pack (Jenn) Kachle[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]Hiding from the pack (Jenn) Warriormf[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"][/td][/tr][tr][td style="text-align:center;"]Joining[/td][td style="text-align:center;"]Joined Kachle[/td][td style="text-align:center;"]Warrior[/td][td style="text-align:center;"][/td][/tr][/table]

Hiding from the pack (Jenn) Empty
PostSubject: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:28 am

((Coven/Molly continued from: https://incendio.rpg-board.net/t110p45-altogether-now#2103 ))

She fixed Xerxses up rather quickly, a simple injury from Chaos something that she'd dealt with many times before. Even as she was taking care of the injury, she felt it coming. It had been building up for weeks now, ever since before Inferno had taken off. The Head Healer needed a break. She needed to get away. Her mind was reeling with the issues of the pack, her own personal battles, and the responsibility that never ended. She had hit her limit.

She knew it was irresponsible, but as soon as she finished Xerxses, she headed straight for the den she shared with Coven. She walked in quickly, stopping and looking down at him, her ears back and her expression telling all. She was basically having a mental breakdown. The stress and work and everything was all too much for her, and her mind couldn't handle it all anymore. "Coven, I'm leaving. Not the pack lands, but I'm going to hide from the pack for a while. I...I...I just can't do all of this right now. It's all too much. I need a break, I need to get away." She said, her breathing faster than normal as she fought to hold herself together. She wanted to beg him to come with her, to hide away with her in the caves or something, but she couldn't bring herself to ask him. As long as he knew where she was, at least. But she wasn't sure if he would let her go, not that she'd let him make her stay.
Back to top Go down
https://incendio.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:41 am

The wolf was on his feet before Molly even began talking. The expression on her face had Coven jolted into worry with just a glance; he knew the feeling inside that went along with the look. Listening silently, but clenching his jaw shut to keep from interjecting after just the first sentence, the warrior eventually relaxed, slightly. She wasn't about to do to him what he'd once almost done to her, though his still rapidly beating heart spawned empathy for Molly's reaction back then that he hadn't been able to conjure before.

Reaching forward to touch his nose to her, not wanting to break eye contact, the male whispered, "Where will you go?" Coven didn't care a lick that Molly was shunning her responsibilities in a major position; all he cared about was knowing where she was going and if it'd be safe for her. If she didn't ask him to come along, the wolf was going to assume that she wanted a break from everyone, including him, but there was no way the little healer was going to be completely alone, even if it was just Coven watching to make sure she was still breathing.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

Award : [table cellspacing=0 style="width:150px; font-size: .6em; border-spacing: 5px; border-collapse:collapse;"][tr][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]Hiding from the pack (Jenn) Joinf[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]Hiding from the pack (Jenn) Kachle[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]Hiding from the pack (Jenn) Warriormf[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"][/td][/tr][tr][td style="text-align:center;"]Joining[/td][td style="text-align:center;"]Joined Kachle[/td][td style="text-align:center;"]Warrior[/td][td style="text-align:center;"][/td][/tr][/table]

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:49 am

Molly was too upset to regret creating the panick that she saw flash in Coven's eyes as she came into the den and rambled on about what she was going to do, but she did stop and force herself to take several deep breaths as he moved forward to touch his nose to her. "I was thinking the caves, by the southern and western borders. It'll be nearly impossible for the pack to find me in there." She said softly, sitting down for a few minutes and forcing herself to stay long enough to explain everything to Coven. "Before you go telling me it's too dangerous, I have to tell you that I'm going, no matter what. The pack needs all the warriors it can get, and you're needed here...." She said, trying to convince herself it wouldn't be fair to ask him to go with her.

But even as she was so upset to just up and leave, she wanted him with her. The thought of being separated from Coven had her hanging around here, hesitant to leave just yet, dreading any time spent away from him. Not to mention she was scared to be out on her own. She knew that there was a powerful and growing loner presence, and since the location she had chosen was so close to the borders, she was basically purposly putting herself into danger. Even though that wasn't her intention. She knew that the pack couldn't navigate the caves easily, and it would be easier to avoid them that way, but still, it was pretty dangerous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:08 am

Coven honestly didn't care that the pack needed warriors. It's issues right now extended way beyond that, and one wolf wasn't going to change anything, in his opinion. But he did need to stay in Blitz's good...er, neutral?...graces as much as possible. Heading off with Molly wouldn't help that.

As for Molly actually going, the warrior wasn't going to stop her. If she wanted it, she was going for it, period. Forcing her to do anything was useless, first off, and not appealing to Coven. Of all the things he wanted to control, Molly was not one of them. Helping her out was a completely different issue though, and he'd be by to see her, now that it was made clear by the torn look in Molly's eyes that he would be welcome.

"Are you going to tell Blitz?" was his final question. If she wasn't going to tell Blitz...how was Coven supposed to deal with him when the alpha came around asking for answers?
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:19 am

Molly frowned as he remained silent for several minutes, making her think too much, of course. But she forced herself to keep it together for a little longer, her ears perking slightly as he mentioned Blitz. "No, I'm not planning on telling him." She said, realizing she had never really thought about that in all of her breaking down. "If he asks, just say I had to get away and I'll come back when I've sorted some things out." She said, frowning at him in frustration. She didn't know what else to tell him, and she was beginning to realize that her decision was only causing her more stress.

"I...I just can't deal with all of this anymore, Coven." She said, her ears flattening in defeat as she struggled to hold onto the last ounce of composure she had left. She broke eye contact with him and looked down at the ground, taking several deep breaths and shaking slightly as she fought with her emotions. She needed to get away, but she couldn't bring herself to part with him right now. She relied on him, she leaned against him. Could she really live day to day and only see him occasionally when he came to visit her? She'd have to deal with that, but at the moment, she couldn't see how she could do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:29 am

"With what?" he asked, frowning and moving to stand beside her. Licking gently at her ears to let her know he was listening and on board with whatever she wanted, Coven waited for her response, hoping she wouldn't be annoyed at having to explain exactly what was wrong, airing the issues that were ailing her. But the male always had this problem: it was a struggle for him to put together what Molly was talking about with what she was experiencing. Really, so many wolves in the pack seemed like mind-readers, all understanding and sympathetic without having to hear more than three words from who ever they were talking to. Coven couldn't do it, though he wished all the time that he could. Perhaps, though, if he could come to understand what was causing Molly so much anguish, they could solve it without her going away...or he'd just end up talking himself out of staying around here. It wasn't like he actually wanted to be here, especially if Molly wasn't going to be. Thinking ahead for when Molly came back was the only reason he'd be staying behind.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:35 am

Molly frowned and looked up at him as he stood beside her and spoke. She sighed softly, leaning against him and nuzzling into his fur. "With the stillborn pup, and all of the issues with the pack, and how everyone needs me to do something....I guess I just need a break from it all....." She said, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, only now realizing how much she was shaking. She knew that Coven just wanted to fix her problems, and she was grateful for the sentiment, but she knew that there was no easy solution to all of this. She just needed to get away from it all.

She didn't know what else to say, but she did know that she wanted to get away before she was asked by someone to do something again. She hadn't gotten much time to enjoy herself or Coven at all lately, and the little time she did get with Coven was ended rather abruptly by the need to return to the pack because she was needed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:46 am

Coven was silent for a moment, not knowing what to say, still trying to come up with a better solution than her leaving. But maybe there wasn't one. Molly had a rare, critical skill; she's always be needed. That just came with being in a pack. The problem right now was that the pack was too big, too chaotic at the moment for her to handle it. How was Coven supposed to fix that? If Molly left, though, the pack would just have to suck it up and deal with their problems on their own, which would not be difficult, just different. It could do a lot of good for them, anyway. And Rayne knew enough that surely no one would die or anything.

He touched his nose to her fur for a second and then lifted his head again, letting her go. "If you think it will help, Molly, then go. I'll head out with you if you want and then come back. You haven't considered talking to Blitz, about the pack issues and you being stressed out? He might be able to help more..." The idea fizzled almost as soon as it exited the wolf's mouth, but Coven tried to make it work anyway. Could talking to Blitz really hurt anything, even if it didn't help?
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:56 am

Molly shook her head as he mentioned talking to Blitz. That was something she couldn't bring herself to do. He needed her here, and she knew it, but she needed to get away, and that was already decided. Telling him, and looking him in the eye while doing it, was something she was not capable of doing. "I can't face him and tell him that I'm leaving." She said softly, her voice full of defeat and frustration. She hated to let Blitz down, but she was going crazy here. She had tried everything, but she was needed more than she could give.

She felt like a failure, running away like this, but she didn't know what else to do. It made her feel weak and incapable, like she wasn't strong enough to handle the responsibility that had been given to her. Maybe she wasn't. Maybe she shouldn't be head healer. Maybe she just wasn't good enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptySat May 12, 2012 6:10 am

Coven sighed, a long, low breath out through his nose. Molly was in really bad shape; how had he thought she would be interested in talking to Blitz? At least she had stopped shaking...
"Ok, let's go, then." The wolf leaned back against the wolfess, pushing into her, directing her to turn around and head out the door. If they were going to be apart for some indefinite amount of time, Coven wasn't going to waste their time together by pulling away to lead. So he gently pushed, moving by her side.

Suddenly, he stopped and moved in front of Molly, blocking her progress. They hadn't even left the den yet. "Last little detail: if you're going for sure, and I'm sticking around here, how are you going to eat?" They both knew it was not likely that the little wolfess would be able to feed herself well, and what if Coven couldn't make it with food? She was just getting over her illness; Coven wouldn't let her regress. "I have to come with you - which would be bad, I'm going to be honest - or we need another idea." He wasn't about to suggest that they leave the pack, head off alone, though it had been on his mind for...well, Molly knew how long. Even if they joined a smaller pack in the end, it would be much less stress for the healer. He didn't know how desperate she was for a break, especially knowing Molly's attachment to the pack and Blitz, but if she didn't come up with a better plan, he was suggesting this one. It sounded good to him.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptySat May 12, 2012 6:17 am

Molly nodded mutely as he nudged her out of the den, leaning against him slightly as they walked, but looking up in confusion at him as he stopped and blocked her path. At his question, she frowned, her ears flicking backwards slightly. She hadn't thought of that. "I...well..." She said, fighting to find a solution that meant she could get some time away. But it seemed hopeless, and she found herself shaking again, stressed out by the new problem that presented itself. She knew Coven wanted to leave the pack indefinitely, and she would follow him anywhere, but she just couldn't bring herself to part with the pack like that. No, she just needed some space.

She let herself slowly sink down into a sitting position, as if her legs were no longer strong enough for her to stand. "I'll manage." She said finally, hell-bent on taking off for a while and getting away from the pack until she could sort out the chaos in her brain. She needed a break, and if that meant focusing solely on her terrible hunting skills, so be it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptySat May 12, 2012 6:26 am

Coven stared down at her, face serious as he tried to come up with some way she'd 'manage'. "No way you're going to the caves," he stated firmly. That was for sure. They were too far, too close to the borders for her to be alright alone. If it was her life that was on the line, there were going to be some compromises. Had Molly said once that she could fish? Coven definitely remembered a conversation where Molly admitted to liking fish - disgusting, slimy fish - so maybe the lake? He suggested the idea to her. "Somewhere on the innermost shores...the pack doesn't patrol most of the lake, and you'd be far from the borders. If you can fish, then you can eat ok, too...We could find you a safe den around there." The wolf talked as he softly nosed Molly, trying to get her to her feet to start moving again. The sight of her sitting so feebly was unnerving, especially when knowing it had nothing to do with her physical health.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptySat May 12, 2012 6:32 am

Her ears flicked backwarsd in annoyance as he told her she wasn't going to the caves. Who was he to tell her what she was and wasn't going to do??? His suggestion only made her lean backwards, away from his nudges, refusing to stand. "The lake is right by the dens! That doesn't get me away from anything!" She cried in frustration, resisting the urge to growl, knowing that would only piss him off. "There's a river that runs from the falls to the lake by the caves. I can fish there!" She argued, her ears flat against her head in frustration and her eyes full of it as well. "I am going, and there's nothing you can do to stop me." She said, way past the end of her rope and wobbling on the edge of a complete and total breakdown.

She did finally get to her feet, but she didn't walk towards the lake, but made a wide circle around him and headed towards the caves. Sure, he could probably easily stop her by force, or even just blocking her path, but that didn't mean she wasn't going to try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptySat May 12, 2012 6:42 am

Growling in frustration, Coven watched Molly walk off. The lake was ginormous; it would have satisfied anyone else. Fine, if she wanted to go, he was going to let her. Obviously, it would take dragging her back by her ears and then barricading her inside a den to keep her from going, so what was the point in arguing more? But that didn't mean Coven approved, and he was protesting, starting right now.

With a scowl on his face, the wolf plopped himself down in front of his den and glared at Molly's back as she irritatingly headed toward the caves. If she was going to knowingly walk into the danger the warrior specifically outlined for her, then she could go alone. At the moment, the black wolf was so mad at her that he was even contemplating not showing up ever to check on her. That'd teach her...and him in the end, but who was thinking clearly at the moment? Neither of them, of course.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptySat May 12, 2012 6:48 am

Molly kept walking, surprised that he didn't follow and try to stop her. Surprised and, what? Disappointed? No, that couldn't be right. But alas, it was, and her pace slowed slightly, but she stubbornly pushed forward. She need to get away, and she had hoped that it wouldn't have to be without Coven, but it looked like she had no choice. At this point, she just hoped that he wouldn't back out on his promise to her and take off before she came back. She didn't doubt that his stubbornness might win out and leave her without any visits from him, but she was hoping that he'd at least still be in the pack when she decided to return.

She moved slowly, almost painfully slow, as if hoping that he would change his mind, but still she found herself traveling alone. She kept her pace slow until she was out of sight of the dens, stopping at the last moment to look back at him and whine softly, unsure if he could hear it, but doubting he could or cared to try. Then she sighed softly, turning incredibly slowly and continuing her journey to the caves, her pace a bit faster now that she was out of sight of the black male.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptySat May 12, 2012 6:58 am

Coven sat stubbornly, still glaring at Molly as she walked off. Even at her look back, the warrior's only reaction was the flattening of his ears against his skull. If she was going to keep going, he was going to keep sitting. Why did she have to be so stubborn? With a frustrated snarl, the wolf lay heavily dropped to his stomach and threw his head down on his paws, eyes still staring at the point where Molly had disappeared. At the moment, he was highly considering telling Fallon where Molly had gone, as a subtle punishment and way to make sure someone was watching out for the healer. For now, though, the black wolf couldn't break his gaze, afraid to miss the second when Molly might come back. If that didn't happen, then he could start dreading when the search for the wolfess would begin.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptySat May 12, 2012 3:28 pm

She was too far to go back now, and her pride wouldn't let her slink back to Coven, either. So she kept going, her ears back and her heart heavy as she made her way to the caves. She knew he was pissed at her, and she probably deserved it, but she was determined to get away. She was nearing the caves as it began to get darker, forcing her to pick up the pace so she could find shelter before she couldn't see.

When she reached them, she came to a stop, frowning as a plethera of scents filled her nose. Crap. Which of these caves were occupied and which were vacant? Was there anyone here that could seriously injure her? If Coven had come along, he would have been able to find a safe one for her, but since she was all alone, she sat there staring blankly for several moments. Well, here goes nothing. She thought, heading for the nearest cave, one that look shallow and would work for the night. She entered slowly, yelping and running out as a very angry badger snarled and bit at her heels. Ok, not there. So she tried another, with fairly similar results, but the inhabitants were foxes. Finally, luckily with only a few cuts and bruises, she found a vacant den. It was incredibly uncomfortable and really wet, but it would work for the night, plus, she was exhausted. She sighed softly, her ears flat against her head and her eyes barely open as she climbed onto a flat rock in the cave to sleep, resting her head on her paws and passing out almost immediately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:55 am

____

((Coven continued from: https://incendio.rpg-board.net/t132p15-running-free-sorta-pups#2252 ))

It'd been only a few days since Molly had left, but Coven's mood had nose-dived from day one, and it had only gotten worse since then. Worry for Molly on top of guilt on top of the obnoxious antics of Sib and Tessa's pups (Laek and Cas's weren't so horrendous) were making for one perturbed wolf. Even just going to see Molly - which Coven hadn't done since she left - might help put at least a few anxieties to rest, and if he could convince her to come back (yeah, right), that would be all the better for the pups, as major maiming was a very possible prospect for them. Having a healer around could be handy.

The wolf slunk quickly in the direction of the caves. Where exactly Molly was, she probably didn't even know, but Coven would find her, eventually...and hopefully not as a fluffy white corpse. Stomach churning already at the gruesome images materializing in his mind, the black wolf gritted his teeth, torn between wanting Molly back safe with him and harboring his stubborn grudge toward the healer for leaving so irresponsibly. Her attitude would probably do a lot to shape his.

Last edited by Jenn on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:04 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:05 am

Well, she hadn't been doing as well as she had hoped on her own, but she was surviving. It was actually refreshing to have to only worry about feeding herself every day instead of having to worry about everyone in the pack and all of her responsibilities. Sure, she missed the pack, but she was enjoying her new found freedom and space. She was a bit thinner than when she had left, but still healthy enough, and she hadn't really run into too many problems along the way. Today she found herself at the edge of the pool at the base of the waterfall, laying down and looking up at the massive amount of water falling down towards her. It was beautiful and relaxing, and with the exception of a few cuts here and there from her last failed hunting session, she was rather content and comfortable.

He wasn't sure where he was, but he did recognize the border of a pack. It was a decent sized pack with above average sized territory as well. This impressed him, as well as intruiged him. He was hovering around the borders by a large waterfall and some caves one day when he caught her scent. She had the pack scent all over her, as well as the overpowering scent of a single male wolf, which warned him off at first. But after a day or so without anyone coming to see her, he assumed she was living alone at the borders. A foolish mistake on her part, but for the most part, he didn't harm females, so she was safe. At least for now. Finally, when no higher ranking wolves patrolled the area for a few days, he wandered over, coming to a stop a few yards from her. "Hello there miss. What is such a beautiful and fragile pack member doing so close to the borders all alone?" He asked curiously, sitting down and watching her for her response. When she slowly stood, looking terribly frightened, he tilted his head a bit and smiled. "I'm Karbon." He said, dipping his head in a slight bow of introduction as he waited for her name, which never came. With a frown, he sighed softly. "I'm not going to hurt you."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:20 am

Finally, the wolf was bounding up the last few steps to the crest of the hill, where the waterfall could be seen. Behind it were the caves, and though it wouldn't be fun looking through them all, Coven's ire in respect to everything else made that task seem much less of a hassle. In a few seconds, though, he found that there would be no need for a search. From this vantage point, Molly's small white figure was obvious, as was the black one in front of her. Not Chaos...thus not a pack member. The wind wasn't moving in an advantageous direction for him, but as Coven skirted the pool toward the two wolves, the scent of the stranger all over the rocks became clear. Old and new, but scents of a male loner were clear. For half a second, the warrior tore his eyes from Molly and the black wolf accompanying her to look over the cliffs surrounding the waterfall. Perfect stalking places. The waterfall was the worst hiding spot one could find in this area. Ugh, Molly.

As the male neared, the scent of fear radiating from Molly became unmistakable. Nerves already raw, that was all required to set Coven off at the moment. The snarl that ripped from his throat was not one of warning, it was the unconscious howl of attack.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:35 am

Molly backed away from the male slightly as he spoke, surprising her with an introduction as she stepped back a little too far and found herself standing in the water of the pool. She couldn't go further in, for fear of getting caught in the current form the falling water, so she was cornered, even though the other wolf wasn't approaching her. But a sudden snarl that tore through the air was what made her flinch, and before she could blink, another black male was there, but this one wasn't threatening or frightening, it was protective. It was Coven, and she couldn't be happier to see him again. Her tail wagged slightly as she backed up only the slightest bit more, getting herself out of the way for what was about to happen.

Karbon wasn't prepared for the sudden snarl from behind him, and he spun around, nearly loosing his footing as he snarled instinctively in return. His eyes were greeted with a large black male wolf, one that smelled oddly familiar. But when the white female wagged her tail and seemed relieved, he put the pieces together. Ah, this was the male whose scent was all over her. That made sense now. How come he hadn't come to see her before now? But he didn't have much time to think, and instead he widened his stance, preparing for whatever the male threw at him. Or at least trying to. This male was bigger and more experienced than him, but he could at least hold his own for a bit, right? But still, as he prepared, he studied the other wolf for weaknesses, anything that he could use to his advantage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:51 am

As the other male turned, there was a fraction of a second left before Coven's claws and body rammed into Karbon's shoulder for the fact that this new wolf was actually quite young to register. That was quite unexpected, but it didn't diminish the impact of the warrior's first blow. It did impact Coven's ideal for this encounter, though. Before, he'd been all for tearing this trespasser apart. Now that this turned out to be hardly more than a pup - though a well filled-out one - death wasn't part of the plan anymore. Coven snapped boldly at the other's face, going for the eyes and muzzle while using his weight to try to get the other black wolf under him. He was leaving major gaps open, though briefly, to the underpart of his neck, but he was confident that no hit would be fatal. With there being more pros to this method, Coven went for it, not dodging anything and lunging purely offensively, his strength and size against the other's, in hopes of ending this quickly, giving the pup a quick chance to explain himself...maybe.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:03 am

Karbon yelped as he was tackled to the ground, barely able to regain his footing as the older and larger male snapped at him and tried to get on top of him. He noticed the gaps in the attacks, but he wasn't fast enough to close in on them, or to do anything other than try to get away from the angry and aggressive male's teeth. He yelped every now and then when Coven's teeth caught and tore at his flesh, leaving him bleeding all over the ground beneath them. It quickly became obvious that he wasn't going to win this fight, and he wasn't an idiot, he knew right away what he had to do. He finally ceased his own aggressive stance, dropping his ears and curling his tail between his legs in a yelp and submissive whimper, hoping to get the incredibly pissed and dangerous male off of him and save his own life.

Molly watched as Coven attacked the younger male, her ears pinning back and her eyes closing eventually as the younger male yelped and made her flinch slightly for him. She was a healer, she couldn't help it. She didn't inflict damage, nor did she encourage it. She fixed it. So this was hard for her to watch. When the other male finally submitted, she silently hoped that Coven would stop and let the young male live at least. Maybe even let her help him. After all, he hadn't done anything to hurt her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:15 am

In the middle of a fight, the warrior's ears instantly went deaf to everything, including the cries of the other fighter. But the softer whine of submission was never tuned out. Uttered by the young wolf, it was as if thunder had sounded through the valley, and Coven ceased his attack. Still growling as he wound down, the older male looked down at Karbon in distrust. "What are you doing here?" demanded the wolf, hackles still raised and glare silently mandating that detail be included in the answer. Who this was didn't matter in the slightest, but Coven was aware that this male had been frequenting the area, and with Molly around, there were a lot of assumptions that could be made.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:23 am

Karbon flinched at the aggressively harsh tone in Coven's question, demanding answers. And detailed answers at that. "I was looking for a pack. I knew there was one around here, I could smell the scent markers. I noticed her here one day and didn't approach her because I didn't want to scare her." He said, panting softly before continuing. "After a few days of waiting for someone else, maybe a higher ranking wolf, an alpha or beta, to come by and see her, I finally gave up and approached her. Then she freaked out, you showed up, and here we are." He said, explaining himself quickly and hopefully in enough detail for the male to at least let him up. He swallowed slightly, a bit of blood running down his face and muzzle and into his mouth, making him spit it out slightly as he waited to be let back on his feet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hiding from the pack (Jenn)   Hiding from the pack (Jenn) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hiding from the pack (Jenn)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next