Incendio

Incendio is a literate-advanced semi-realistic wolf role-play site, where mystery surrounds the wolves and even greater mystery surround the lands. Come and enter the mystery, join the family, and add your own chapter to our story!

CalendarHomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Wolf of the Month

The Packs

Available Positions:
Beta Female
Warriors
Hunters
Healer

Available Positions:
Beta Female
Warriors
Hunters
Forum Stats
It is summer here in Incendio. The sun is bright, the days hot, and dew gathers on the grass in the morning all over.
Mating Yes No
Birthing Yes No
The prey is plentiful this summer!
Word Counter

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit

Share | 

Over the Mountains

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Over the Mountains   Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:10 am

Carval climbed up the mountain side. She could see good territory ahead and wanted to see if there was a pack there. Her breath came out in clouds of white as she panted in the cold air. Her red pelt was fluffed up as she moved down again. Her striped tail curled over her back as she kept her white legs moving. Her eyes were constantly looking around as she got lower and lower. The amber eyes of the two year old fae caught sight of a rabbit faurther down the mountain side. Slowing her pace and settling into a hunters crouvh the red wolf creapt forward closer and closer on silent paws. Her ivory fangs closed around its neck with a snap after she launched her body forward with a thrust from her strong hind-legs.

Standing up Carval hurried over to sit under a bush. Laying down on her red belly she tore into the warm meat. It didnt take long for there too be nothing left but some bones. Standing the fae dug a hole and pushed the bones into it in a sigh of respect for the animal and silently thanking it for its life-sastaing meat. Covering the hole she turned back to her desent down until she reached a clearly marked border. The young hunter stopped and tilted her head back howling asking for permission to enter the territory of the pack. As she waited for a reply the red wolf returned to the lower slopes of the mountains where there were some rabbits.

As she moved closer to the group of rabbits Carval stepped silently. Suddenly they froze and she lept forward snapping the necks of three rabbits with a hard blow of one of her white forepaw. Her amber eyes glowed with happiness that she would have something to offer the pack. Picking them up The red two year old fae returned to her spot by the border and sat down placing her kills by her side while she waited.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Over the Mountains   Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:12 am

It had been quite a while since she'd been out on a patrol of her own lands, but ever since the disappearance of her mate, Coven, Molly had been forced to take on the duties and responsibilities that he had once held. Her pups were growing quickly, and soon they would be old enough to accompany their older pack mates on their first hunt, something that Molly was rather nervous about, not that she'd ever admit it, though. The white alpha female found her mind wandering slightly as she followed the pack border slowly, her brown eyes scanning the terrain in front of her while she thought back on the recent happenings of the pack. Coven had disappeared, leaving her to lead the pack alone. Antero had not been seen in quite a while, Karbon had been taking on most of the patrols, Hallie had been seen occasionally, and Bleu had been almost glued to the side of either the alpha female or the pups that were nearly fully grown.

The white female let her pace pick up slightly as she continued along the border, letting her body relax and her tail sway lightly behind her as she moved. It had been a long few months, and the alpha female had been through what had seemed to be an emotional roller coaster, but she'd managed to hold herself together and move forward, if not only for the pack, then for her pups as well. They'd lost their father, and neither they nor their mother knew why. But, life moved on, and so would she. Eventually. For now, though, she would focus on her pack and their survival, which meant marking their borders and ensuring that no uninvited wolves entered. Finally turning on the last section of the borders, her pace slowed until she finally came to a stop, her nose lifting as an unfamiliar scent hovered in the air. It wasn't within the territory, though the white female's tail rose anyways, arching over her back as a soft growl rumbled in her throat as she took on a dominant and slightly aggressive posture.

There had been no howl, no request, no announcement of their presence, yet as she moved forward, a red figure appeared on the opposite side of the border. White ears turned backwards, her brown eyes narrowing and her lips lifting slightly in a growl as she came to a stop several feet from the female at her borders. This lone wolf had blood on her jaws, and three carcasses laying beside her, making the alpha female narrow her eyes a bit more. "Who are you and what is your purpose here, stranger?" She said, her voice harsh and not at all welcoming. With pups back at the camp, and a growing pack to feed, she had little incentive to invite even more wolves into her pack, especially if she didn't think they'd be much of an asset. It was obvious that this wolf was a hunter, a fact that was proven quite obviously by the prey laying at her feet, but Molly had her suspicions. For all she knew, this wolf could have stolen this prey from another, or even crossed into Kachle borders to take from their prey. Though, the second of those two seemed unlikely, as she had not caught the scent of the female crossing into the territory, but that didn't mean that she trusted her, nor would her trust be easily gained. With so much at stake, the white wolf was not taking any chances.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Over the Mountains   Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:33 am

((Molly I did say I howled asking to enter the territory))

Carval saw a white fae and she rose to her paws. Her amber eyes blinked with shock at her harsh tone as she asked who she was and what her purpose was. Her red ears flick and she stepped back from the boader. "My name is Carval." she said to the fae as she stood in a relaxed postion, "I am a hunter looking for a new pack." Her red head lowered as she glaced at her small pile of rabbits. Flicking her gaze back up to the fae she picked them up and only putting her head over the boarder placed them closer to the fae.

Turning the young red fae slipped back to the mountain side where she caught another three rabbits with a bit of trouble because they were less happy to be in the open. She loped back down and placed them with the others. Smiling slightly to the fae she sat back down and curled her tail around her white paws. "I havent crossed into your territory or any other around here. These as you saw were caught on the mountain side." she yipped. She turned her red head to look back at them. "I lost my family on the other side of them." she shrugged turning back to the fae, "It seemed like a good idead to start anew on this side."

Tears welled up in her eyes but didnt fall. She looked at the ground trying to compose herself. After a few mintues she looked back up. "A fire swept through our territory and out of eighteen wolves only four survived." she laughed saddly, "Have you ever lost someone you loved and just wanted to start a new?" Standing with her white stripped tail curled over her back she turned. "I have none now and I dont know what to do. Im only two years old and not long finished my hunter training. Im alone without family and lost." she said softly. The she relised that she had spilled everything to the unknown fae she gasped. "Im sorry I went on and if I said something you didnt want to hear." she whimpered to the clearly high ranking white fae.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Over the Mountains   Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:13 pm

(sorry 'bout that, hun)

Brown eyes remained suspiciously narrowed, and as the lone female introduced herself, the only slightly submissive posture that she displayed would not allow the alphess to cease her growl completely. However, when the young wolf got up and left, the growl increased in volume and intensity, her white head shaking slightly as the wolf returned shortly with more rabbits. "Young huntress, we hunt only for the necessity of eating for survival. Such over-hunting will wipe out the food supply before the prey has time to reproduce." She said, doing her best not to slip into her motherly scolding voice that she'd been using quite frequently with her own pups. This wolf was young, and she still had a lot to learn, something that the alphess did not have time to teach. "I am Molly, alpha female of the Kachle pack." She said, biting back a snarl as the lone wolf asked her if she'd ever lost someone she loved. Yes, she'd lost someone, but it was worse than them being taken away against their will, worse than them dying and being stolen from her. No, he had left by choice. That hurt much more than anything this young wolf could imagine.

The white alphess sighed softly, calming herself, for this female was not to blame for her mate's abandonment of his pack and family. "The wolves of our pack must provide a variety of skills, not only hunting. Each member is required to patrol, to hunt, to train, and to protect the pack. Every day." She said, explaining the difference between the hierarchy in Kachle compared to the other three packs in the area. Their pack had not come together like the others had, and instead of being directly given the responsibility of a pack by the spirits, Coven and Molly had run from the original pack of the forest and taken refuge in the mountains until Molly had given birth. Now the pups were nearly full grown, and Coven was gone, leaving Molly to lead the pack alone. She'd grown a lot from the dependent, weak female she'd been before they'd left Blitzen's crumbling pack. She had hardened, too. There was little time for fun or affection - with the exception of her pups - and there was far too much work to do than there was time in the day.

"The members of this pack are strong and powerful wolves, and living in the mountains at the borders of two other packs, with another across the sacred lands, there is no room here for weakness." She said, knowing from experience that the pack and their harsh living conditions, not to mention the threat of the other packs, would crush even some of the strongest wolves she'd known. Looking at this female, the alphess was not quite sure if she'd last. There were many things that this young female had to learn, and with such a fragile-appearing demeanor, the older white female wasn't sure she'd survive in their pack. Life here wasn't easy, and it definitely wasn't for the soft-hearted. Kachle was harsh, and the terrain even more so. Not to mention the threat of the surrounding packs. They needed warriors, not more hunters. Their food supply was stable, and there was little want for prey at this time, so the white alphess had her doubts about the newcomer, that was for sure. But, staying true to at least some of her old personality - before Coven's disappearance - she'd give the wolf a chance to explain why she thought that Kachle was the proper place for her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Over the Mountains   Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:13 am

((Its ok sorry for taking so long to reply))

Carval lowered her eyes at the gentle and slightly motherly scobing tone in the white faes voice when she reminded her of the rule that they only hunted when they need to. She felt really bad that it had slipped her mind. The young red fae had only just finished her appreniceship and then lost her family. Her amber eyes lowered in respect for the alpha female. “It is nice to meet you Molly.” she said softly. She noticed the fae holding back a snarl at her question of losing someone and felt sad for Molly.

When she heard the alpha female tell her that the Kachle pack members were reqired to do. Her amber eyes gleamed at the thought of training and potroling the borders of the pack lands. She knew it was a good way to learn the lay of the lands and notice where the best grazing grounds were for elk and other prey. “I would be willing to help and use my hunting skills to learn how to fight if someone would be willing to help me.” she said respectfully. Her voice was filled with promise to help in whatever way she could.

Her stance changed slightly showing her will to do her best and learn fast. She would need to train herself a bit before she would be able to fight with streangth as well as speed. Carval was aready used to dodging hooves from elks and other hoofed prey and had lived partly in the mountions. She could break bones with a snap of her jaws and her amber eyes darkened slightly at the thought of blood.

She glanced at the rabbits and nodded to them. “They have soft pelt and good meat on them.” she said softly. The red fae looked at Molly and shrugged. “My birth pack skined the kills to keep us warmer in winter. They mainly went to the alphas, elders, pups and yearlings.” she explained. Carval took a deep breath. “If you will let me I will do my best to learn and become one with the Kachle pack. I will not try and get out of work not matter what it is and will become a member you can be proud of. I know I dont look like much but I am sure that I can change to suit the pack and help you to survive. I wont hesitate to throw myself into a fight if ordered and I belive that no task is under me.” she said with a bold edge to her tone. When she made a promise she kept to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Over the Mountains   Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:10 pm

It didn't take long for the young female to apologize to her for the behaviors she'd commented on, and this made the alphess relax slightly as she sat there and listened to all the red wolf before her had to say. When she was finished, she smiled slightly, nodding a bit to the young female before her. "You are still young, Miss Carval. I do not believe that you are currently suited to be a hunter or a warrior within our pack. We are in no need of healers or pup sitters at this point in time either. However, if you would like, I will accept you as an apprentice under one of the pack's members for the time being. Then, when we decide that you are ready, you may be promoted to the position of hunter or warrior." She said softly, her tail resting lightly beside her as her head tilted slightly while she studied the wolf before her.

She had no desire for inexperienced wolves, as there was no room for error in such a small, difficult group of wolves. The pack had been in turmoil since Coven's disappearance, though as her pups had grown older, and she'd asserted her dominance over the rest of the pack, things were settling down more and more. Coven had always been the protective and demanding leader, where she'd been the supportive alphess and devoted mother. Now she had to fulfill both roles to the best of her ability. She'd done well so far, and she planned to continue in the future, even with the announcement that three out of four of her pups had decided to leave Incendio - maybe for good. But Zephyr would stay, and the pack was still strong without them. They'd survive, and with Carval as an apprentice - and eventually a warrior or hunter - they'd be even stronger. The four packs were at peace for the time being, but Molly had never been an optimist. She highly doubted that things would stay calm and peaceful for long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Over the Mountains   Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:51 am

Carval was glad that Molly silently heard her out. She was saddened to hear that she didn't need any new wolves in the pack and she noticed the white alphess pointed out that she was still young. It wasn't until Molly offered her a position in the pack as an apprentice that she relised that was where the fae had been going the whole time. The young red fae blinked her amber eyes thoughtfully. It would mean that she would have a place in a strong pack where she could heal her heart and make a new life for herself.

"I would be honored to be an apprentice in your pack alphess." Carval said. She meet the fae red gaze with respect and gratatude shine in her eyes. She knew that any wolf in the Kachle pack would be a strong wolf who could teach her to become the best addition to the pack. Her red pelt rippled as she stood and stepped over the border and bowed her head as she stood directly in front of her new leader ready to do as she was asked.

While she normally found ot hard to trust new wolves Carval was drawn to the white fae. She knew that she could be trusted and she allowed herself too. The red fae had been hurt baddly in the past by a wolf who had turned up out of the blue into her life and she didn't normally trust so easily. Molly was clearly a mother as well as the packs alphess and Carval felt drawn to her. She knew she would be able to look up at the white fae with her red eyes and wondered if she would take the place of her now dead mother. She hoped that she would but knew that it was unlikely. A soft sigh left her as she glanced back over her red shoulder towards her old pack territory. She silently said one last good bye before looking back at Mollys white paws ready to move on for good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Over the Mountains   Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:04 am

((alright, if you'd like, we can stop the thread here and you can go ahead and post within the pack lands as a member. I'm going to go and add your character to the Kachle Pack group, so your name will be orange.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Over the Mountains   Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:21 pm

((Sure thanks Molly which thread do you want me to post in?))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Over the Mountains   Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:21 am

((You can post wherever you'd like. Though, if you plan on joining a thread, make sure you get an 'ok' from all members that are involved. (unless it's a Main Thread) ))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Over the Mountains   Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:58 am

((Ok then thanks))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Over the Mountains   

Back to top Go down

Over the Mountains
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Incendio :: Kachle Packlands :: Border Lands-
Jump to: