Incendio

Incendio is a literate-advanced semi-realistic wolf role-play site, where mystery surrounds the wolves and even greater mystery surround the lands. Come and enter the mystery, join the family, and add your own chapter to our story!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wolf of the Month

The Packs

Available Positions:
Beta Female
Warriors
Hunters
Healer

Available Positions:
Beta Female
Warriors
Hunters
Forum Stats
It is summer here in Incendio. The sun is bright, the days hot, and dew gathers on the grass in the morning all over.
Mating Yes No
Birthing Yes No
The prey is plentiful this summer!
Word Counter

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit

Recovering and Exploring

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Buck
Admin
Buck

Award : [table cellspacing=0 style="width:150px; font-size: .6em; border-spacing: 5px; border-collapse:collapse;"][tr][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 Joinf[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 Kachle[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 Warriormf[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"][/td][/tr][tr][td style="text-align:center;"]Joining[/td][td style="text-align:center;"]Joined Kachle[/td][td style="text-align:center;"]Warrior[/td][td style="text-align:center;"][/td][/tr][/table]

Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:47 am

Tessa was even more confused when he spoke. None of it made sense at all. Her expression grew more and more confused the longer he talked. He kept talking about an exception to the nice behavior to the pack. It seemed like he was just talking about one wolf, which was strange to her. "What do you mean by 'the other small fraction of the pack'?" She asked, tilting her head to the side so that one of her ears flopped over and folded while the other remained perked curiously. So far she hadn't encountered any aggressive wolves, so she wasn't sure what he was talking about at all.
Back to top Go down
https://incendio.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:55 am

Slowing down a bit more so that he was walking next to Tessa, Coven explained, "There's one wolfess here that acts like she's got a pine cone stuffed up her tail. She can get pretty nasty." He went on, "It's not like everyone here is a saint, but Chaos is very anti-social and angry..." Except for with Tessa, he remembered suddenly, turning his head to stare curiously at the wolfess. "Maybe you actually don't have to worry about her, either," he said slowly, relating to her how uncharacteristically caring the black wolfess had been in attending to Tessa the night before. He shrugged and faced forward again. "Point is, Tessa, no one here is going to hurt you. Just so you know."
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

Award : [table cellspacing=0 style="width:150px; font-size: .6em; border-spacing: 5px; border-collapse:collapse;"][tr][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 Joinf[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 Kachle[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 Warriormf[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"][/td][/tr][tr][td style="text-align:center;"]Joining[/td][td style="text-align:center;"]Joined Kachle[/td][td style="text-align:center;"]Warrior[/td][td style="text-align:center;"][/td][/tr][/table]

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:06 am

Tessa tilted her head to the side as he talked about Chaos. She said nothing when he stopped talking, but instead looked around their current location, which was right on the edge of the den. He could tell her not to worry, but that didn't mean that she would automatically trust everyone. "You said earlier that the copper-colored male that saved me is the beta?" She asked curiously, turning her head to look up at him with a strange, confused expression. But when she thought about it, it made sense that he was the beta. He had seemed so selfless and concerned for her welfare over his own, who else but a beta could do something like that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:13 am

"Yes," he answered, looking sideways at her and trying to figure out why she looked so confused. "That was Inferno." If Tessa hadn't been drowning, Coven would have wondered at the beta's sudden acceptance of strange wolf into the pack. He was pretty sure that Inferno still hadn't really accepted Coven's loyalty just yet, and he was actually a member. But it did make sense that the beta had saved her; it was possible that Chaos might have even had the urge to help out, so Inferno going in made perfect sense.
Coven realized that Tessa had an even harder fall in the rapids than he'd thought before if she hadn't even gotten Inferno's name. She'd been out of it for a while.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 5:38 am

She nodded slightly as if to memorize the name as soon as he spoke it. It even sounded right to her. Maybe she had heard it when she was in shock and somehow remembered, but for some reason the name sounded familiar. Either way, now she knew what to call him when she thanked him. Finally she looked back up at Coven, sighing softly and looking over at the dens. "The last thing I remember was the rushing water, the sharp pains from the rocks I hit, and then I was laying on the shore, choking and the copper-colored wolf...I mean, Inferno...was standing over me and shouting. But all I heard was a muffled voice and the roaring rapids next to us. And then I woke up here." She said softly, her voice as lost as she looked and as confused as she felt. "I remember before I was in the rapids. I don't even know how it happened. There was a blizzard, all I could see was white. I had been walking for days, forcing my way through the heavy snowdrifts. And then suddenly I was in the water, fighting to keep my head up for air." She said, mostly to herself, as if going over it out loud would make it all make sense. But it was still as strange and confusing as before, leaving her just as bewildered as when she had begun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 5:24 pm

Laek nodded as Coven decided to take the new female, Tessa was her name, to get a drink of water. She, herself, stayed near the storage den, eating the deer leg. She cleaned the bone until it was left with no meat. She began to gnaw at it, until she got bored of it and picked it up. She slowly made her way to Molly's den, and peeked her head in. Molly seemed to still be sleeping, but seeing that the female was wrapping up in herself, Laek dropped the bone and went back to the Alpha's den. She retrived the furs and brought them back, laying them cozily over Molly. After tucking some of the fur in, she went back to her bone and picked it up. She turned around to make sure Molly was still sound asleep. After it was confirmed, she went around he den area and headed in the direction Tessa and Coven had gone off in, assuming there was water there.. She walked quickly, almost in a trot, passing the pair on the way. She was now assured that if Molly awoke in the short time she was gone, then Coven would be there.

She arrived at the lake and saw a small hole punched in the snow and ice. She dropped the bone down into it and then took a drink of water. It was icy and cold, but refreshing. She rose up and shook her muzzle dry. She then turned and decided to get some energy out, running back to the dens, nearly tumbling over Coven, before swerving around into a snow bank. Gladly they were near to the dens. She crawled up and out of the snow, stepping forward, sinking on her first step as she stumbled on her bad paw. Laek looked back at the pair, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 5:49 pm

Molly relaxed slightly as a fur was laid over her, but as Laek left, she slowly woke, blinking sleepily at the entrance. She lifted her head slowly, her high-pitched yawn echoing through the den as she got to her feet carefully. She was glad to discover that she didn't shake or collapse, but her legs were fairly stiff, so she stretched slowly with another soft yawn. Finally she made her way out of the den, sitting down and then laying in a small patch of snow outside of the entrance. The fresh air felt nice, and she closed her eyes, sighing softly as she all-but disappeared in the whiteness that surrounded her. Anyone that wasn't looking closely wouldn't be able to see her pure white form at all.

Tessa glanced back as Laek walked past them, leaning away as the female nearly ran into Coven. When she jumped into a snowdrift and looked up at them, she forced a nervous smile. She didn't know what was going on with this female, but she found herself picking up her pace slightly to get to the dens sooner. Her stomach was full, her thirst quenched, but her cuts were still bleeding now and then, and she paused to turn her head to lick her side as one of the cuts bled slightly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:11 pm

Laek waited for the pair to start moving, before heading back herself. She followed at a distance, but frowned when she saw Tessa stop to lick her wounds. Laek noticed that the other's wounds were beginning to reopen, and then stop for some time, only to bleed once more. She noticed that as Tessa turned her head to lick a wound, another one opened on the other side. Laek sped up so that she was next to Tessa, hesitating while looking warily at the other wolf, then leaning in to help cleanse the fur of the newcomer. They might not have spoken properly yet, but Laek would help all she could.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:17 pm

Tessa flinched in surprise when she felt Laek's tongue on her other side, and she lifted her head to turn and look at her in confusion. But when she realized what the other female had been doing, she smiled slightly. "Thanks. I'm Tessa." She said softly, her ears flattening slightly as she smiled. She glanced over at Coven, but by the looks of things he was going back to the dens to check up on that other female that she knew was there. So she sat down, looking over at Laek curiously. She could tell that this female hadn't been a member long by her scent, but she was also covered in the pack scent. Her tail curled around her paws as she looked over at the other female, who was just a bit larger than herself and similarly colored. However, the patterns of their coloring was drastically different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:24 pm

In the corner of her eye, Laek saw Coven seemingly going ahead as Tessa spoke and properly introduced herself. As the wound stopped bleeding, Laek lifted her head and gave a small smile back. "I'm Laek." She replied quickly, as Tessa sat. Laek remained standing, leaning off of her paw, as she observed the female in front of her. Tessa had the colouring of both Laek and Fallon, but it was put together differently than their fur had been. The scent that rose to her nose was filled with snow, and the scents of most of the pack, even Chaos, which even Laek found odd. To Laek, Chaos did not seem like the kind of wolf to be with the others helping, but Laek knew she shouldn't be quick to assumptions.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Tessa smiled as the other female introduced herself and remained standing. It looked like her paw might be bothering her, and Tessa tilted her head to the side curiously and looked down at the favored paw. "Are you alright?" She asked, looking back up at Laek's face curiously. "How long have you been a member of...uh...Silverlight, is it?" She asked, hoping that she had gotten the pack name correct. It sounded right, but she still wasn't sure. She was still a lone wolf, she knew, but she wondered how long Laek had been a member. Where all the wolves that were attracted to this pack this nice? Or did it come from being a part of the pack for a certain amount of time?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:43 pm

Laek looked down at her paw after Tessa's question, nodding, "Yes, I'm fine, my paw was sprained a few days ago. It's yourself you should be worrying about." The last part, she said slightly quieter, as she looked back up at Tessa's face. Then Tessa question her status in the pack, and Laek answered, "Just this morning, actually. But I've been staying with the pack since I hurt my paw. And I do believe it is Silverlight." Laek actually had to think about it, only having heard the name once or twice.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:51 pm

Tessa laughed softly as Laek told her to worry about herself and her condition. "I'll be fine. It's just a few scrapes and bruises. I've had worse." She said, licking a cut on her leg and then looking back up at Laek. "I'm much stronger than I look, trust me." She said, smiling still, but more relaxed about it now. She took a deep breath, glancing back at the den site before back at Laek. "This place definitely is incredible. I'm not sure what it is about it that interests me so much." She said softly, looking up at the snow covered trees above them and the snow drifts that surrounded them. It was just like any other pack land that she had seen, but there was something about this place that was different, yet she couldn't figure out exactly what that was. It baffled her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:01 pm

Laek nodded in understanding as Tessa explained her own strength. Afterwards, she was nodding in agreement, as she too had found a new-found strength and hope when she entered the lands. She watched as Tessa looked around, casually glancing around herself. "It really is. And I believe it is this certain aspect of the lands that causes so many of us to stumble here in the same space of time." Laek began to explain how many new wolves there were, "It's probably the reason why we all came here. You, me, Coven. And there are others out there too! The rest of the pack is out patrolling the borders, we'll have new wolves here by the end of the night, as far as I can tell." Laek was assuming again, but looking at the trend, she couldn't deny it either.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Tessa watched the other female as she talked, her eyes never leaving her face. It was obvious that she didn't even know what it was that made these lands so special, just that they were. Then again, Laek hadn't even been here that long, so Tessa didn't expect her to know everything about the lands just yet. Maybe she'd ask Inferno when he got back from patrol. At least that's where she assumed he was, since Laek had said the rest of the pack was out there. She looked back at where Coven had disappeared, wondering how many wolves there really were in this pack. She knew of Laek, Coven, that other female that was in the dens, Inferno, the big white male who she assumed was the alpha, and then two females that had cared for her while she was in shock. But there seemed to be more scents here, scents that she hadn't quite placed yet. She wasn't sure what they were, but she suddenly found herself picking up a scent that didn't belong.

Casanova knew the alpha and beta were searching the borders for loners hanging around, so he made a wide loop around the lands and cirlced behind them, following their tracks back to the dens. It was a bold move, and even more so when he caught Coven's scent, but even if he was spotted, he might be able to get away with the assumption that he was a fox, although he was much taller than one. He remained hidden as Coven entered the den area, circling around towards the lake where he knew Laek and Tessa still chatted. Finally he stepped out of hiding, smiling at the female that he had met near the borders not too long ago. "Hello again, Laek." He said, dipping his head in a slight bow as he smiled at her. Then he turned his smile to Tessa, dipping his head in an exaggerated bow as well. Then he sat, smiling at Laek and keeping his ears alert for Coven's movements.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:28 pm

"Casanova!" Laek exclaimed in both excitement and horror, "You shouldn't be here. She added quietly and boldly, knowing that now she was in the pack, that she could get in trouble for letting another wolf enter lands. The only wolves that entered the lands were the injured, like herself, Tessa, and Coven. But Laek knew that Casanova was not injured, he was simply creeping around. She gave a small smile, nervous that Coven would return. But she let her tail sway a little, grateful that she could see her friend once again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 7:15 pm

Coven had turned and watched Laek and Tessa bond together. He figured it was time to check on Molly, though, so he let the two be and continued heading back to the den site. The wolf headed straight for the healer's den and walked right up to the entrance before suddenly stopping. Confused, the male lifted his head and sniffed at the air, spinning in a half circle. Looking down now and paying much more attention, he finally caught on. Shaking his head and breaking out into a smile, Coven walked up to the almost indiscernible form of the sleeping wolfess and sniffed at her head, just to make sure she was alright out there but trying not to wake her up. He knew losing in the snow was an actual possibility!
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 11:43 pm

Casanova smiled and laughed softly at Laek's exclamation. He knew Coven was around, but he also knew that beta that he had been barely eluding was at the borders. He didn't plan on staying long, just long enough to chat a while and say hi. "Don't worry, the black male is over by the healer's den and won't even notice I'm here. I just had to come see you again. And who is this?" He asked, looking over at Tessa curiously. It was obvious that she wasn't a member of the pack, but he assumed her situation wasn't that different from Laek's, except she was pretty banged up.

Molly blinked up at Coven when he grinned and sniffed her. She knew exactly what he was thinking, and it made her laugh softly. "Oh no, you found my hiding place." She teased, nipping at his ear as she sat up slowly, glad that she didn't feel dizzy at all. Her tail wagged slightly, brushing away the snow behind her a bit and making a fan shape. "Did I scare you?" She asked, tilting her head to the side, still teasing him because he had missed her sleeping right in front of the den in the snow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:06 am

"I guess you are right." Laek said as Casanova backed himself up, she wagged her tail, speaking again,"Oh, and this is Tessa. Tessa, this is my friend, Casanova." Laek wasn't sure how Tessa would react seeing another wolf. She'd met so many new ones as is. But Laek was sure she'd be fine, if Casanova tried to hurt her, Laek would protect Tessa. It was her duty. But she was doubtful that such a thing would happen. Nonetheless, she kept a guard up even with her friend. "So how has your day been Casanova?" she eventually spoke as she sat, fanning out the light puffs of snow.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:10 pm

Casanova smiled as Laek spoke. He nodded slightly to Tessa, wagging his tail. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Tessa." He said softly, flashing her a charming grin before returning his attention to Laek as she spoke. "Well, it's been pretty difficult lately. I've been slipping around your Beta for quite some time now. It's getting harder to keep a step ahead of him. He's very determined, that's for sure." He said, glancing back towards the borders and pinning his ears back before turning back to Laek and smiling. "But other than that, I've been pretty good. How's pack life treating ya?" He asked, nudging her shoulder teasingly, knowing by her scent and demeanor that she had been official accepted into the pack.

Tessa nodded slightly at Casanova before watching the two talk. She was, however, getting rather tired, so after a few minutes she rose to her feet, nodding to them both to dismiss herself, and then headed back to the alpha's den. It was the only one she knew of, so when she got inside, she laid down and almost instantly fell asleep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:51 am

Before replying, Laek looked sideways to see Tessa walking away to the dens. She could only guess that the new one was tired, and Laek let her be. She turned back to Casanova and smiled, knowing that he was still good. "Pack life is just fine, actually." She replied with a slight tone of sass, "And I see loner life is treating you well. But I must ask, why are you trying so hard to avoid the Beta?" She added, looking behind herself to check for Coven, or Molly, if anything. Not seeing anything immediate, she sat back and relaxed a little, leaning down to lick some snow from her coat.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 4:12 am

Cas couldn't help but chuckle slightly as she questioned his avoidance of the beta male. He tilted his head to the side slightly, looking up at the sky as he tried to figure out a delicate way to put it. "Well, I avoid your Beta because I'm fairly sure that it wouldn't be a very pleasant encounter. I don't exactly picture him and I seeing eye-to-eye on many things. Especially my lifestyle." He said, chuckling again and looking back down at her. He paused for a moment, glancing over at the dens to make sure Coven was still preoccupied, and then looked back at her with a charming smile once more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:52 pm

Coven nipped gently back at Molly, shaking his head and responding and a playfully indignant huff, "Scare me? You wish." Grinning and still obviously shaking off his surprise at Molly's ability to disappear, the black wolf took in the little female's radiant countenance. She was definitely looking much better today, thankfully.

Since she seemed so much better, Blitz's advice to start getting Molly to walk around seemed sound. He relayed the idea to Molly and tilted his head as he waited for a response. He felt confident that Molly would be able to walk at least a bit around the den area; they needn't go far, just get moving a little. After so long (to Coven) sitting around the dens, it would be nice to move, anywhere, for even a little while. The black wolf's expression couldn't completely mask his hope that Molly would be up for it.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:52 am

Molly couldn't help but smile at his denial. She had seen the panic in his eyes when he couldn't find her. But she let it go, and when he told her of Blitz's idea, she nodded slowly. It was probably good to start getting around a bit more, she was feeling restless being cooped up in that den for so long. "How about you take me to the hot springs? They aren't too far from here, and the hot water would feel really nice right now." She said, standing up slowly and stretching. Her body was stiff and sore from laying around all the time, and it would be nice to relax her muscles in the hot springs water. Plus, there were so many springs in such a small area that the heat from the water warmed the area surrounding them, making the risk of getting sick after exiting the water slim to none. There was really no down side to visiting them, even in the winter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Laek's ears were perked up as Casanova spoke his answer. She nodded, nearly understanding his predicament, but she didn't really get it. Personally, she thought Inferno would be very accepting, even of Casanova. But she wouldn't protest him, so she just smiled. "Okay, whatever you want to think. But Inferno's a nice creature, as far as I know." She looked at her funny looking friend, with his big ears and tall structure, "But where will you stay this winter? This," She motioned to the layer of snow on the ground, " And that snow storm won't be the worst of it. I'm sure you know that." She gave another small smile, sensing that he was used to living alone. Travelling. Laek definitely knew how it could be. And winter was tough even with a pack, and everything is harder alone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Recovering and Exploring
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Incendio :: Out of Character :: Announcements & Information :: Archives-
Jump to: