Incendio

Incendio is a literate-advanced semi-realistic wolf role-play site, where mystery surrounds the wolves and even greater mystery surround the lands. Come and enter the mystery, join the family, and add your own chapter to our story!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wolf of the Month

The Packs

Available Positions:
Beta Female
Warriors
Hunters
Healer

Available Positions:
Beta Female
Warriors
Hunters
Forum Stats
It is summer here in Incendio. The sun is bright, the days hot, and dew gathers on the grass in the morning all over.
Mating Yes No
Birthing Yes No
The prey is plentiful this summer!
Word Counter

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit

After a Long Journey...

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

After a Long Journey... Empty
PostSubject: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:27 pm

((Continued from: https://incendio.rpg-board.net/t75p15-it-s-only-a-scratch#982 ))

Inferno helped Sib settle down onto the ground, worried that the wolf's legs were going to give out at any second, before answering. He had actually been still debating whether or not to just not answer and let Molly break it to Sib when she got back, but it only took a few seconds hesitation for Inferno to make up his mind. Walking a few paces to the entrance, Inferno levelled with Sib, "This is the healer's den. The reason we have it is for sick or injured pack members to be treated." He talked slowly and deliberately, subtly continuing their discussion from before. "Please stay here, at least for the night, alright? Feel free to talk to Molly about when you'll be able to move out, but hang in there for now. You hungry?" The question was almost rhetorical, and Inferno planned on grabbing some food for Sib anyway, but it felt better to ask for once.

Last edited by Jenn on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Skie

Skie

Award : [table cellspacing=0 style="width:150px; font-size: .6em; border-spacing: 5px; border-collapse:collapse;"][tr][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]After a Long Journey... Joinf[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"][/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"][/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"][/td][/tr][tr][td style="text-align:center;"]Joining[/td][td style="text-align:center;"][/td][td style="text-align:center;"][/td][td style="text-align:center;"][/td][/tr][/table]

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:41 pm

He waited for Inferno to answer, only to be quite unenthusiastic about the answer he got. After all that, and he still was stuck on making Sib stay here? He just sighed, wasn't much he could do at the moment, wasn't like he could really get up and walk out of here, unless he wanted to only worsen his condition. With another sigh Sib nodded,
"Fine, but only for tonight, no promise though about staying any longer."
He said, grinning as he lay on the ground. He could say Inferno was just as stubborn as him, but he wasn't going to give in completely, and he'd make that clear to Molly also, whenever she finally came. He brightened up a bit though at the mention of food, he was quite hungry for sure.
"Yah, a little I suppose..."
He said, though once he was out of here he was going to make sure to hunt and pay back any meat he did eat. Even if the pack was good on meat, he still wanted to make sure he worked off everything he got, and by everything he meant every piece of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Inferno grinned and nodded, slipping outside to make his way quickly to the storage den. He was glad that Sib was attempting to compromise - and that was all Inferno was going to ask for. He himself understood the need to get out and work and not be bound down by illness or injury; it had been his duty to deliver the injured newcomer to Molly for healing, but after that, he wasn't going to force anything else on Sib. The rest of this would be between Sib and Molly, the thought of which made the wolf almost laugh, though no way would he be interested in watching that discussion.

In the storage den, the wolf tore away a chunk of meat from a deer carcass and headed back to where he'd left Sib. Upon entering and dropping the meat at the white wolf's feet, Inferno sat down and looked out the entrance, as if expecting Molly to come walking in at any moment. Until she came, it would be a nice, short break to accompany Sib for a while and make sure he was doing well, but when Molly came, Inferno was out of there.

Almost apologetically, the wolf tore his eyes from the outside, looked at Sib, and opened his mouth to speak. Curiosity was going to kill him - especially if he was just sitting with nothing to do with his paws - so he asked, hoping Sib understood that he could eat before answering, "What is the story behind you coming here? I'm not sure what you meant by 'rumors', and what about your family?" He added with a tilt of his head, "If you don't mind my asking..."
Back to top Go down
Skie

Skie

Award : [table cellspacing=0 style="width:150px; font-size: .6em; border-spacing: 5px; border-collapse:collapse;"][tr][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]After a Long Journey... Joinf[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"][/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"][/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"][/td][/tr][tr][td style="text-align:center;"]Joining[/td][td style="text-align:center;"][/td][td style="text-align:center;"][/td][td style="text-align:center;"][/td][/tr][/table]

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:17 pm

Sib laid silently as Inferno slipped outside. He was still a bit annoyed to even be here, but he agreed to a night, and that was all, no matter what the healer said, he was going to be out by tomorrow. He let himself relax for now, licking his cut up legs as he waited, cleaning up at least some of the blood of of the cuts. He looked over, noticing that Inferno had returned with the meat, smiling happily as he laid it down,

"Thanks."
He said, quickly biting into the meat, enjoying to actually have food right now. He continued to eat, though was a bit surprised at what Inferno asked him, he didn't expect him to actually ask something like that, he really didn't seem like the kind to take interest in other's past's. He sighed a bit, finishing the bite of meat he had and looked up at Inferno,

"Well, it seem's you guys underestimate your pack. Before coming here I visited a few different packs, though it always ended up with me being thrashed and thrown out, apparently strength is something more wanted that speed with most packs, they though I was to much like a female, fast instead of strong. I was at least lucky enough to occasionally get the smallest word of there being a pack out this way that was growing, though it was never very much. I simply followed what I heard, never ceasing to find just how stereotypical these packs were. As for my family, I was raised by my mother, never got to meet my father. My mom was kicked out of his pack when they found out about them, apparently mating between a lowly hunter female and a higher up Beta wasn't allowed, and they made sure she was rid of. The bad thing was, she was already pregnant with me and my sisters."
He said, taking another bite before continuing,
"My mom struggled for a time to care for us, and the moment I turned old enough, I became the main provider for them, having to hunt and care for my sister''s and mom. I stayed with them awhile, but finally I had to leave, I couldn't stand doing it anymore, and by that time we were old enough to go out on our own, so we all split up, all going separate ways. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about them... that I wonder if my mother is still alright..."
He finished, sighing, looking up at Inferno,
"So there it is, that's my story... so what about you? Where'd you come from? how'd you end up here?"
He asked curiously, figuring since he asked Sib would as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:25 pm

Laek twitched awake from a dreamless sleep, opening her eyes to just see Inferno slip into Molly's den. Turning to look around her shoulder, she saw Tessa still sleeping. Laek figured it would be okay to take a short walk, meanwhile seeing what Inferno was up to. She got up and stepped forward, shaking the bits of snow from her pelt. The sun was disappearing slowly, as Laek trotted over to the healer's den. She peeked in, hearing the last of Sib's story, and seeing the form of the new wolf. Next to him was Inferno, and she spoke to make aware her presnece, "Hello Inferno."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:36 pm

Inferno listened respectfully, taking in all the information with a slight ear-twitch of surprise every now and then. He had only ever lived in his birth pack and Silverlight, so the strange and rough lives of those who lived in other packs were often very different from what he'd experienced in a pack. When Sib finished, the coppery wolf nodded, and thanked Sib for sharing. "Sounds like our pack took on an excellent hunter," was all Inferno commented on, feeling he didn't have words worthy to share about Sib's family. He was grateful that the white wolf had shared, and his way to show that was through silence.

At Laek's greeting, the wolf turned around and grinned happily, for two reasons. One: he was glad to see Laek and introduce her, and two: he just got out of telling his story. He'd talked about himself enough for today, he felt. "Hello, Laek." He continued to introduce her, "Laek, this is Sibirskiy, a new member as of today. And Sib, this is Laek." Speaking to Laek, he explained, "He will be joining the hunting party. I think you guys are going to make a great team."
Back to top Go down
Skie

Skie

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:50 pm

He smiled, nodding in thanks to what Inferno said, only to glance over noticing another wolf, it looked to be the same wolf Inferno pointed out just a few minutes ago. He smiled, nodding respectably at the wolf, waiting for Inferno to finish introductions before speaking,
"Hi there Laek."
He said simply, continuing to chew on the meat in front of him. So, this was another hunter of the pack, surely he would make sure to pay attention if they did hunt together, he probably could learn a thing or two, then again, he would just keep quite about that. He just wondered what to do now, and he figured by the way Inferno changed the subject so fast, he didn't feel like talking, and Sib respected that, he didn't have to if he preferred not to. He glanced up, waiting to see what Laek would say about him being part of the hunting party, Sib knew he already looked quite mangled, and probably not very useful at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:03 pm

Laek listened as Inferno introduced her to the new wolf. Sibirskiy was his name, and he seemed to be injured and bleeding. She walked up to him and helped to clean some blood, both dried and flowing, from his cuts. It seemed to be the one way she'd meet these injured newcomers. After finishing her attempt of helping, she sat back and looked at the two. "So another hunter, eh? I look forward to working with you. Add Fallon and probably KiRae and this sounds like fun now." She smiled, wagging her tail thinking of the hunting party comprised mostly of newcomers. It seemed like it would be interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:12 pm

Inferno smiled at Laek's enthusiasm and eagerness to help out Sib. Laek, Fallon, Molly, and Blitz were all like that, and the wolf knew he was lucky to be in such a loving pack.
Laek's list of the hunters reminded the beta that someone was missing. It was worrisome that Khalessi had disappeared, as she was the head hunter, and she had been gone long enough for Laek to never have met her. But now that Laek mentioned how many hunters there were, it seemed plausible to find a replacement - hopefully temporarily - some time soon.
"Laek, you'll watch out for Sib, right? If he gets out there and looks like he's going to pass out, let Molly know, alright? He'd determined to start hunting as soon as tomorrow, but I think we may have a delusional wolf on our hands here." Inferno grinned and winked at Sib, showing that he intended no harm or offense, but also that he was unable to resist getting some more members on his side of this battle.
Back to top Go down
Skie

Skie

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Sib smiled, not at all resisting Laek's attempt at helping him, and plus he didn't want to seem rude in any way, even if he wanted badly for them to understand he didn't need the help, but he had to set his pride aside for a minute. He thought of the idea of actually hunting with a small party, it seemed it would definitely be much more easier than hunting alone.
"Yah, I look forward to it to."
He said happily, grinning at the small comment Inferno made,
"Yah, and I promise you'll be surprised when I go and take down a nice elk, then I hope your gonna be ready to be apologizing for doubting me."
He said with a laugh, only to again wince in pain as pain hit his chest, he really had to stop that, laughing hurt right now. He smiled a bit, happy to actually be joking with other's even in the state he was in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:27 pm

Laek gave a hearty laugh at both Inferno's and Sib's comment, but she nodded. "Of course, Inferno. And if he does get up, and happens to not pass out, I might just go hunt with him. It'd be nice to finally stop resting and get out there. Stretch my limbs, you know?" She left out the fact that the last time she stretched her limbs, her paw had still hurt and she'd been caught in a snow storm. Chances were, a snow storm wouldn't fall on her again. Even if one did, she wouldn't be alone. Not that she was alone last time, but she'd be with a pack member, which may or may not make a difference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:40 pm

He laughed, so glad to actually be laughing that he didn't even want to argue. So he didn't, especially because that's what he would want, too. "I understand, Laek," he responded, still smiling. "I guess you're all healed then?" he asked, glancing at her leg.

(sorry it's short!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:47 pm

Laek nodded, "I'd think so, it's been a while. It hasn't pained me as much as it had. I do believe I'll be fine. I had sprained my paw coming into the pack lands, slipped somewhat down a mountain, you could say." She had finished by explained to Sibirskiy why she was injured, smiling as she remembered how clumsy she had been. She had healed well and that was all that really mattered. Hopefully, this proud wolf would heal well too. His injuries seemed like too much to even want to not rest, or at least, that's what Laek thought.
Back to top Go down
Skie

Skie

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:56 pm

Sib listened as Laek explained what had happened to her, smiling a bit when she called her self clumsy. Compared to him, she was surely not at all clumsy.
"Well, don't worry about it, at least you didn't end up like me, it surely could have been worse, and you look as though you are allot better."
He said with a smile, laying his head down across his paws a bit to relax some more. He wasn't all that worried about himself, he would be fine, and by tomorrow, he would be out hunting, he would make sure of it, even if it mean't getting even more hurt, he wasn't going to allow himself to get proven wrong, he had to show he would be able to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:30 am

Laek smiled at his comment, but she knew that he wouldn't be able to heal in just a night. But she knew his type of hunter, he wouldn't give up for his own pride. "You should rest a lot if you want to be up by tomorrow. Good luck with that, someone will probably tell you to get right back here." she smiled at her own comment, and looking out the den entrance as the other's came into view. There was Blitz, Chaos, a new wolf, and by the looks of it, Tessa was up and walking. She turned back to Sib, not currently bent on leaving him. But she did face an ear outside. Something was definitely going on.
Back to top Go down
Skie

Skie

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:42 am

"Trust me, I'll be fine, I'm a little more durable than I look."
He said, a sly smirk on his face. He was quite stubborn about this, and the more everyone doubted that he would be out by tomorrow, the more sure of himself he got, he just wanted so badly to prove them wrong. He glanced outside, noticing the commotion going on, though not bothering to move, he would probably get yelled at by Inferno if he tried to leave right now. He just laid back, relaxing for now, letting himself heal, he knew if he was to prove them wrong, he would need it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:48 am

Laek snorted, "Alright, whatever you say. I should enjoy seeing you on your feet then." She let out a smirk as she slid to lay down beside her new found friend. Placing her head on her paws, she looked sideways at Sibirskiy, debating whether or not he wanted to talk. She'd already heard the main part of his past, so she spoke of something else. How he got her specifically, "So how did you get here to Silverlight? As you know, I came throuh the mountains."
Back to top Go down
Skie

Skie

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:55 am

"Trust me, it's something even Inferno will see, It'll happen, I can guarantee it."
He said with a cocky grin, he could help it, he was just so sure he could show them that he would be able to, but he returned to being calm and smiled as she lay beside him, laughing a bit at her question,
"Well, I came through the same place as you, but by the looks of it your journey here went a bit more... smoothly than mine."
He said with a laugh, again hurting himself doing so.
"So, where did you start of Laek, and what brought you to this pack?"
He asked, being a little curious now, he had gotten to know Inferno a bit, so now he wanted to get to know her. By the time the week was up, he was planning on having good standings with most the member's here, even the crazy Chaos Inferno talked about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:03 am

She was surprised that he had also come through the mountains, he'd hit the more dangerous spots apparently. She looked him over again, he was very damaged, and now she wasn't as surprised. The amount of aggressive creatures she had managed to hide from had a huge number. "As for myself, I started off in a pack that resided in a valley south of the mountains and the rapids. We were a good pack, not very hostile. I was actually to be next alpha, but then man found our lands. They forced us out and the mountains did not treat us well. My pack was gone and spread by the end of it all. I spent the next year in those mountains, travelling from pack to hostile pack. Until, like I said, I stumbled down a hill and Blitz, the alpha, took me in. Eventually I was made a hunter and properly welcomed to the pack. Just as you will be."
Back to top Go down
Skie

Skie

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:20 am

He couldn't help but be surprised by her past, she had actually had dealing with the humans? He'd never seen a human before, but he had surely heard of what they were capable of, to think she went through something like that... just horrible.
"I'm sorry, at least you got out alright. Now at least you have the chance at having a new life right?"
He said, smiling. Even if his past was hard, it was surely nothing compared to what she went through.
"Yah.. I'm hoping to become good enough to become the Head hunter, even if there already is one, I'm going to be the best now, no matter how hard I have to try."
He said, again with a cocky grin on his face. He wanted to change the subject anyhow, he didn't want to continue with the more sadder parts, pasts aren't meant to dwell in, at least that's what he believed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:27 am

Laek laughed at his goal, ignoring his first comment. She knew that he was the newest and would have to prove himself well to become head hunter. Then she realized that she did not know if they had a head hunter or not. She'd never been introduced or told. There might have been a name thrown around, but there was no face to match. "Again, good luck. Out of the four of us, maybe I'm better than you." she said in an even cockier voice, playfully of course.
Back to top Go down
Skie

Skie

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:32 am

"Well, if they didn't force me to stay here, we could go out and hunt right now, that way we could see."
He said, laughing lightly, enjoying just joking with her. He was already feeling pent up with anxiety, only here a little while and already he wanted out badly, but having Laek here to talk to made it a bit better, at least he had someone to pass the time with for now, and perhaps when the healer comes he can just get some herb or something rubbed on and he can just leave now, that would be nice for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 1:41 am

"In your state, I would win even more! Ha ha! But if I were nice, I would make you stay anyway, at least at the dens' area. Being pent up in a den isn't very fun." She was lucky that she wasn't being forced within a den, as Molly and Coven had been, as Sib probably will be. She decided that she would keep him company for the time being, as Tessa didn't seem to need her.

(Gah. Short.)
Back to top Go down
Skie

Skie

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:19 am

He laughed, a big smile on him as they joked. She was probably right, she would easily have him won in the condition he was in, but he wasn't going to admit that, not ever. He juust smiled, laying over on the side that wasn't cut up really badly, getting more comfortable. It seemed it was going to be a while before the healer was to come, so he figured he should get a bit more relaxed for now.
"Well, I can agree there, I already want out, and I've only been here a little bit, kinda scary."
He said, chuckling a little. Hopefully time would just pass by quickly, and then he would be out there, and have a chance at starting to prove his worth around here, right now all he felt like was dead weight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:26 am

"That probably means you're just energetic. And you know what that means? That means you shouldn't be getting hurt or you'll be all pent up like now!" she continued to joke with him, as it was probably the only way for him to stay. She looked at his white fur as he lay on his side, his back facing her. A cut was opening there and she leaned over and wiped off the blood that he probably wouldn't have been able to reach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After a Long Journey...   After a Long Journey... Empty

Back to top Go down

After a Long Journey...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next